Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Novel, The King and Queen Game, is almost finished

This is my 2010 NaNoWriMo novel, and I have "finished" (if such a verb is anything but ludicrous in this context) the major rewrite I've been working on since the end of May. I am considering posting the book in its entirety as a PDF file on this here blog, once I'm relatively satisfied with it (or at least tired of looking at it). I might do it even if no one writes back to beg me to do so, but any begging emails will definitely help lead me in that direction. You never know--your positive criticisms might make the difference between a splendid, inspiring novel and one that is merely mediocre!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This might not qualify as begging, but I would read it if you posted it :-).

Barbara Bell said...

Well, I will then. If I can figure out how! If I can't, I'll send the PDF file.

I have a single "proof" copy of the book now (complete with errors which I am marking, in the book, in case there is ever another edition.)

Unknown said...

Without cutting and pasting, I'm not sure there is a way to do it. Blogspot lets you post jpgs but not pdf. There are websites that convert pdf files to html and assign a link so they can be viewed on line. I did it once, and posted the link on my blog. I can figure it out and send you the info if you are interested.

Barbara Bell said...

I am interested, and if you get a chance, please find out and let me know. I know there is a way but I haven't done it so far. It could be accessed by a link on this blog, and possibly by a link anywhere else I chose to post it (e.g. on Facebook). Thank you! .

Unknown said...

Go to www.docstoc.com/. Click "upload" and follow the prompts. You'll have to create a username and password, or I think you can use your facebook account. You can share the document link to Facebook, and it looks like you can embed it onto your blog as well. You can see a document I did here: http://www.docstoc.com/docs/38052991/entitlement#

Let me know if it works!

Barbara Bell said...

Like this?

http://thekingandqueengame.blogspot.com/2011/10/read-this-book-online.html

Barbara Bell said...

I'm warning you, it is a very silly book--the kind of thing you might expect from someone who had to whack out 50,000 words in a month (not counting proofreading and rewriting).